Monday, April 1, 2013

Coconut Flour Mug Cake

Even though Jake and I had a cheat day on Friday, I was still jealous at all the Easter candy that popped up on my Instagram feed yesterday. I felt a little left out of all the Easter gloriousness...but then I remembered a way around it.

Paleo's get treats too!

I remembered seeing a paleo mug cake recipe on one of my fellow paleo-ers Instagram feeds so I sought it out. Now, I've made mug cakes before, but never with this success! Here's the recipe I used.

Coconut Flour Paleo Mug Cake: 
From Pumped Pumpkin


2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons coconut milk (or whatever milk you have)
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
6 drops or 1 packet of Stevia

1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl (I do this A. to save a mess and B. because I have a hard time stirring in a mug, this also helps beat out the lumps etc).
2. Microwave for 1:30. 
3. Top with anything but I chose coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment