Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

This past Sunday, I made the most delicious Buffalo Chicken Nachos...EVER. They were suppose to be for a Superbowl Party that I was attending but, due to the unexpected snow, I ended up having to chow on most of them alone, with the help of Jake.

Darn.

They were so good! And really simple. Here's the know:

Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts
Hot sauce, or buffalo sauce
1 Package Whole Wheat tortillas 
Spray oil
3 Green onions
4 cups of cheese
Blue cheese crumbles
Sour cream or guac/avocados, for topping


1. Boil chicken in water till cooked. Once cook enough, shred chicken and put in a bowl. Add hot sauce. I used a mixture of my fav sauces, Frank's and Louisiana Buffalo Sauce. I like my chicken saucy too! Once it's mixed, put it aside.

2.  Cut the tortillas into 8th...or really however many pieces you want. This recipes is really a free-for-interpretation kind of thing. Spray each side with oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 450° until they are browned. Keep you eye on them, they burn quickly! Leave the oven on once the chips are done.  

3. In a large baking dish, layer the chips, chicken and cheese until you have used up all your ingredients. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until desired cheese-melt is accomplished. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and green onions on top. 

This is so good! I may have to make it again...once I'm not on my weight loss challenge! 


THANKS TO HOW SWEET IT IS FOR THE RECIPE!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear! As usual, another great post! You look amazing.
    we can follow each other ,let me know..kiss
    http://myabeschieri.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete